Accutane and Depression – Daily Do’s of DermatologyArticles . Blog
So here’s another daily tip from your friendly local dermatologist! So yet another study came out there about Accutane not being linked to depression. I’ve never believed that accutane was linked to depression or suicideality. In fact, in the vast, vast majority of my patients their moods get better throughout the treatment for their really bad acne. It makes sense. You have horrible, big, nasty acne that you can’t get rid of, you go through Accutane and as you go through your face starts to clear and you get more self-confidence and you want to be more socially active and your mood gets better. So I’ll say this, if you suffer from depression or suicideality, then please talk to your primary care physician. Please talk to your mental health expert and make sure that they are not only aware that you want to start Accutane, but also keep track of you while you’re taking it so that if you’re having any sort of problems, we can have a discussion. Please also let your dermatologists know about these things so that everybody is looped around for your care. If all of your health care providers know what’s going on with you, then we’ll keep you healthy and safe and by all means if you start developing any unusual symptoms including depression or thoughts of suicide while taking accutane, please immediately call your dermatologist and your primary care physician so that we can figure out what’s right for you. Listen, Accutane is my second favorite thing to do as a dermatologist, and it’s because it transforms people’s lives if you respect it. It’s just like driving a car. If you get into a car and you’re drinking a bottle of whiskey and you’re texting and doing your makeup at the same time, your car’s not going to be safe, but if you follow the directions of your dermatologist, if you have a conversation with us, if you keep your primary care doctor informed of what’s going on and if you need to talk to your mental health specialist before during and after Accutane, you’re gonna do great. …
Written by Valentin Lakin
- Scientists Can Implant Fake Memories in the Brain, Here’s How
- BTS – 5.STIGMA (Eng/Greek subs)
- Do you suffer from the dollar store stigma?
- Building Muscle Vs Building Strength – What’s the Difference?
- America’s Biggest Issues: Welfare
- Delivering world-class healthcare — and hope
- Stigma Rotary Thorn Review / Bericht (Deutsch / (Englisch Untertitel/English Subtitle)
- Starbucks Stigma: White Liberals Put Batteries in Backs of Black Left
- Living with HIV: Frank Discusses Stigma and HIV
- 6 Core Strength Exercises I Trainer of the Month Club | Well+Good