Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy – A Race Across Generations | firstPLAY | screenPLAYArticles . Blog
– I’m Nick
– I’m Steph – I am playing Crash Bandicoot on PS1
– And I’m playing Crash Bandicoot on PS4 It’s a race across generations! [Steph laughs] So excited! Crash! So everyone’s super excited about the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy! I have never played a Crash Bandicoot game
before in my life. Actually, that’s a lie, in Uncharted 4
they had that little level, – That is true
– so that was my taste of Crash. That is true, I have played Crash Bandicoot,
Crash was one of my… favourite games growing up,
Crash, I would say Crash, was… a sixth parent to me. – And so I have a great deal of affection for the game, we’re going to play the Boulders level,
– Yeah You’re playing the new version,
I’m playing the old school version and we’re going to try and race each other
through the boulders level and see, and see who can win… I haven’t played this in a very long time, so I’m rusty. – Right. Right.
– You have the new version… You might…this might be turned out to be the game that you’re like incredible at!
– I don’t think so… – But we’re going to give it a red-hot go!
– We’re going to give it a red-hot go! – OK, so this is the Boulder level.
– It is. The only thing that I played similar to this apart from having a quick go of Crash in Uncharted was… – Did you ever play the Lion King game?
– I didn’t! There was a Lion King game, I played it on the Sega Mega Drive, – and you had to run away from the Wildebeest stampede.
– So this is going to be old hat for you? – No!
– You’re gonna nail this! Old hat! Just very quickly before we start,
look how nice yours looks! – Yeah, I’ve got flowers and stuff!
– Look at the depth! There’s ruins in the background!
Here…I mean, that is how I remember it! Isn’t it funny that’s how you remember it,
but this is what it looks like in actuality! Look how muddy and disgusting this version is!
OK, you ready? – Now, I’m going to count us in.
– Okay – “3, 2, 1, Go”, on “Go”.
– Yeah, OK, good.
– Yeah, OK. 3, 2, 1, Go! [Game sound effects start] – I mean I can’t see…
– I’m just going to avoid all boxes
– When am I…. – Oh my God the boulder is coming!
– I can’t even like when.. Ah! – Oooh, janky, janky joysticks!
– Noo! Oh God! – Are you alive?
– OK, it’s fine guys! I mean, I don’t want to be that guy but I am nailing this right now! Not even gonna look at the camera! – No! No!
– Welcome to gaming in the 90s, Stephanie! – You can’t spin through the planks!
– Can you spin a plank in real life? [sigh] There’s so much pressure when you’re
actually doing this AS A COMPETITION! Yeeeee, through the hole! – I hit the Checkpoint!
– So I’m getting damp hands because of you! Don’t blame…don’t you dare do that to me!
It’s not contagious! It just drips on you! Very concerned about the crucifixes on this level!
[Steph screams multiple times] Oh, stop it! No! See… – Yeah, ba-ba-ba-ba-ba!
– This game sucks! – I’m very concerned about all the crosses! What does this say…
– Oh, my finger is slipping again, I can feel it – Where you at, Stephanie?
– Through the log, through the log! Through the log!? No, you don’t, you mo… Yes! No! – Did I just win!?
– Yeah! [Steph screams in delight, laughs] Oh, wank! I’m dead to me!!!!!!!!!! – Oh baby you know what I need?
– What do you need? I need I need some verbal support…
– OK you can do it!
– …in the Form of a song – [sings] Crash Bandicoot is…
– [spoken] About me!
– [sings] Nich, you are the best, and when you win the level! The song worked! Well done! Well done, singing helps! I don’t know, like I don’t know
if I can take genuine like joy from this. – I mean maybe it’s just…
– Were you faking it for the camera!? – Well, no in that was like adrenaline and excitement,
– Right but I feel like… it’s so tense! It’s so tense. – I think we should continue playing a bit…
– OK. …just so you can see a bit more Crash and also I just want to see more of this remaster. – Yeah Sure
– Cause, you know, I was looking at the shitty version. Sorry, Naughty Dog but the new version is the superior one. [mimicking Aku-Aku mask] Ooga booga! – Oh, it’s sneaky, isn’t it?
– That was not a nice way for the bandicoot to die, I mean he drowned straight away! – He keeps drowning straight away!
– Am I doing a long jump or a short jump here? Well I think it’s very clear that you need to do a middle jump because you pulled it short and you’ve taken… You were on! You know what, I am like the Queen of that though, of like the… you know when you drop something and you go like this? – Yes
– I’m like that with landing on a platform! -Yeah, right!
– “Oh God”, I go forward and back! – You did it! Don’t move, ever again!
– I can land on that lily pad, yeah? You can, but I believe it sinks
after a bit so you want to get off. Oh my God! – But the Bonus things are her! It’s his girlfriend!
– Yeah! What did you think it was? Well in the original game the graphics is so shitty
I always thought it was just some strange dude! And then at the end of every bonus level I was like
“Why is this hot chippy at the end of this level? Where’s the dude?” [roars] Game Over! – That’s enough! That’s enough I think just for now!
– That exactly how I was at the age of 12! Well, it wasn’t a tea break! – So, are you super excited about this?
– I’m so, so excited to play this… You look a little bit in pain. Because I want to play it! I mean, it’s just I think it looks…
First of all it looks so good. I think the first remaster I can think of in the last few years where I’ve been: “Oh yeah, this is my game!” Like this has a lot of, this has a lot of personal affection to me and I think they’ve done a really good job. When they announced it,
I was a little disturbed by his fur. – In the announcement trailer…
– You thought it was too real? Yeah, he just looked really grungy you or something, whereas here he looks just cartoony enough, I think it looks phenomenal, the water looks great
but it still retains the spirit of the game. Yeah I mean I think it’s wonderful because not everyone gets the opportunity to have their childhood, you know memory of the thing that they loved
given a kind of full makeover and a revamp like this. No-one’s revampin’ MUDs for you! – That’s true
– Full graphical makeovers of MUDs! But that’s the point, you shouldn’t have graphical makeovers! Oh my God, I’m just trying to include you, Stephanie,
in my joy! – The game is still very difficult.
– Yeah I think it’s highlighting how difficult it is. I think people would be very disappointed if it wasn’t difficult, it’s known for being a difficult game. Yeah, for sure and I played a little bit,
getting up to the boulder level on both of the titles and I think it feels 95% still like old Crash, the only thing that seems different to me and this could just be anecdotal, but the Venus Flytraps, there’s something about the depth perception or the distance in which they kill you, I died maybe… – Oh, when they eat you like that?
– Yeah in the new remaster I died almost every time I came up against a Venus Flytrap, and in the old one I just ran through
and sort of nailed the jumps, so I don’t know whether it’s with all the new graphics
it looks like it’s further away or it looks like it’s closer or something,
that’s the only thing that feels different. I feel like maybe they probably just made it
just a little bit more sensitive so that you don’t have the opportunity
to just kind of run and gun it. You’ve gotta really time those jumps right. Potentially, yeah and maybe that you just go change the timing a little bit. They have made a couple of other little tweaks just in some level design when there’s bouncy boxes, sometimes they put two next to each other
rather than just one, like at the beginning of the Great Wall level,
The Great Gate sorry, where in the original you just bouncing on one
and you’re always missing it, where here they put two because they’re like
“Yeah, we know everyone hated this bit”, – It’s disgusting!
– It’s not disgusting, it’s just that I don’t have the nostalgic connection to it that would make me want to play a game with old mechanics and all that kind of thing. – Technically this is still old mechanics!
– Yeah, but with a revamp! – With two boxes instead of one!
– Yeah, with gorgeous textures and beautiful detail and colour and art and, yeah,
I can get on board with that, sure! We can all get on board with animals in shorts. Are you going to be playing
the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy? Let us know in the comments
and the answer should be yes! Did you ever… Crash Bandicoot’s girlfriend is quite sexy Oh, Young Nich was very conflicted about those feelings! – And in the remaster she’s wearing like Daisy Dukes!
– Yeah – And she’s got some serious curves!
– How do you reckon he got her? – I don’t know because he’d like she looks very like human in her shape, and he’s very like top-heavy
– Yeah. Yeah. Maybe he has a great job? I don’t think he does, his job seems to be just spinning crates. – Maybe he’s got a huge… income!
– Gross. A big income!? We got 66 seconds, so we can make a real art! This art is done! This is a dexterous Finger! Here we go!
[Laugher overlaps speech] Did you draw a cat, too!?
Written by Valentin Lakin
- Pauly D & Vinny Try Bugs For The First Time | Disgustingly Healthy | Men’s Health
- Real life impact of stigma in the media
- Foodborne Illness Video Testimonials — Milton Ploghoft
- Dark Therapy for Bipolar Disorder – How and Why it Works
- Depression kann jeden treffen: Der Tod von Robert Enke | NDR Doku | 45 Min
- I’m Young & Healthy, Can I Skip Health Insurance?
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) – Essentia Health
- Stigma Around Depression | Kaiser Permanente
- Unmasked: The Stigma of Meth (Official Documentary)
- Treating patients with major depression